A Personalized Approach to Texas Legal Practice

Compassionate Attorneys Will Help You Update Or Modify Your Court Orders

To seek post-decree or post-divorce modifications, it is necessary to show that there has been a material and substantial change in circumstances since the entry of the original court order. These modifications can include child support, child custody (conservatorship), visitation (possession and access) and even spousal support. Speaking to an experienced lawyer may help you better understand whether a modification is appropriate in your situation.

At the Law Office of Joshua P. Murray, PLLC, we provide experienced, compassionate representation to individuals throughout Central Texas. Whether you are seeking a modification or would like help defending against a modification request, we are here to assist you.

Is It Time For A Child Support Modification?

Child support modifications are the most common type of modification request that are filed with the courts. Many modifications issues arise simply with the passage of time; if three years have passed since your previous order, you are entitled for a child support review. Other modifications occur after a material and substantial change in circumstances, such as an increase or decrease in income.

We will review your situation and your financial standing to determine whether you are eligible for a child support modification. If you are, we will stand by your side throughout the modification process.

Are You Entitled To A Spousal Support/Alimony Modification?

For individuals who wish to change spousal support payments, it is important to understand that such changes occur under limited circumstances. Call us at 512-257-1010 to see if your situation fits within this small window.

Post-Divorce And Custody Modifications

At our firm, we also assist clients in pursuing a conservatorship or child custody modification. These modifications often arise as the child grows and the child’s needs change. A modification can also be requested in situations involving the relocation of a parent (move-away). Any conservatorship or child custody modification will be based upon the best interests of the child. Whether you would like to seek a modification or need assistance defending a modification request, reach out to us. We are here to help.

Learn More About Our Services

Contact us online or call 512-257-1010 to schedule your appointment during which we will fully explain our process and approach. With our family law experience and dedication, you can rest assured that we will always be working to promote your needs and interests.